SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
What is SEO?
SEO is the practice of improving and promoting a web site in order to increase the number of visitors the site receives from search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
Why You Need SEO
The majority of web traffic is driven by the major commercial search engines – Google, Bing and Yahoo!. Although social media and other types of traffic can generate visits to your website, search engines are the primary method of navigation for most Internet users. This is true whether your site provides content, services, products, information or just about anything else.
Search engines are unique in that they provided targeted traffic – people looking for what you offer. Search engines are the roadways that makes this happen. If your site cannot be found by search engines or your content cannot be put into their databases, you miss out on incredible opportunities available to websites provided via search.
Search queries, the words that users type into the search box, carry extraordinary value. Experience has shown that search engine traffic can make (or break) an organization’s success. Targeted visitors to a website can provide publicity, revenue, and exposure like no other channel of marketing. Investing in SEO, whether through time or finances, can have an exceptional rate of return compared to other types of marketing and promotion.
Our SEO Services
SEO is extremely complicated. Even if we just focus on on-page metrics and best practices, there is a lot of work to perform, test, and optimize each month. Adding some keywords in meta fields isn’t going to get you ranked at all. We start with a plan and we test it on Google and other platforms each month, while also checking out what competitors are doing and developing strategies to outrank them. It’s a process:
- Keyword research & discovery.
- Plan site SEO strategy. (This evolves each month, the algorithm changes demand it.)
- Assign keywords to best match pages.
- Implement our custom on-page SEO strategies on each page. Optimize continually, based on rankings.
- Webmaster tools & site map set-up and optimization.
- Behind the scenes coding Voodoo. Things like meta, schema, saturation, etc. Geeky stuff, and top secret.
- Build Citations. These are authority sites, ranked to a standard by Google, that will increase your domain and page rank over time. There are millions to consider, so it’s an ongoing job.
- Local SEO set-up and optimization for (1) location. This is the digital footprint of your business.
- SEO Performance Report.
Note: In order for the above tactics to earn top ranks for competitive terms, you need to also publish highly relevant content and have it shared on the web. These count as major “votes” and are the only way to rank for competitive terms. Here is a link to our content marketing services, which will get you started.
LET'S DO THIS...
Ready to start a project or really curious about our process? Let’s talk about your idea. Drop us a note or give us a call; we’re happy to answer all your questions.